Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Altering the plan a tad...


I believe earlier in my posts I wanted to be "done" with the plan by the end of the month. Well, I got a little side tracked(family visiting, Maia was sick, birthday parties), but...I am ready to hit the ground running to finish up in my original time plan. Its July 21st, so I have 10 days to finish up. I only have 4 meals left to make. No big deal. At least, that's what I am telling myself.


I have completed the lasagna, chili, spaghetti bake, and the chicken and bean enchiladas. That leaves me with Beef Stew, Chicken Noodle Soup, Chicken Mexican Casserole and Pulled Pork with BBQ sauce.


I have a good start on the proteins for the meals. I have beef, pork, and chicken for the Mexican casserole already. So, I just need to get a chicken for the chicken noodle soup. I will just add that to the meals for next week, and POOF... RIGHT back on track.


I keep telling myself reasons why I haven't "kept up" with the plan, but really...those reasons don't matter, and I am going to wish them away. They are negative excuses that are weighing me down. I still have plenty of time. When you look at the "big picture" one could say I am ahead of the game, since, so far, many of my meals have made more portions than I expected.


That reminds me, I need to pick up some more disposable Glad OvenWare. I ran out. I am about to make my meal plan for next week. We have some leftovers from some family gatherings, we will just eat those this week, so they don't go to waste. I will be creative and think of a way to re purpose them. I am getting a little tired of sandwiches...my pantry is filled with odds and ends. If I come up with anything good, I will blog about it.


Monday 7/26: Beef Tacos

Tuesday 7/27: Grilled chicken with side of fresh fruit

Wednesday 7/28: Hot Ham and Cheese Subs (new must-have pregnancy thing)

Thursday 7/29: Pork Chops with Apple Bourbon Glaze (getting a little fancy), with Rice.

Friday 7/30: Lemon Pepper Scallops with Rice Pilaf and side salad


Wow, I am excited about my menu already! I want those scallops now. HA! Well I have included a shot of my grocery list, and what it looks like. Please ignore the handwriting...


Now I will work on cooking tomorrow and/or Friday night, at least 1 meal on the list, while we eat leftovers. Guess I should pull out the pork and the beef to defrost. Then this weekend I will try to tackle two or three more, then I will be pretty much done. Then its time for the baby shower, and preparing for this tiny little bundle of joy. I am a very lucky woman. I have a wonderful husband and a fantastic daughter. They both really appreciate me, and I them. I have a supportive family, and learn something each and every day. My family is extensive - Aunts. Uncles, cousins. Some I talk to very often. I truly appreciate them and everything they taught me about love and life, the good the bad, and the ugly. My mother is very good to me, and to Maia. I know she is super excited about her 8th grand baby that is due sometime next month. Thanks to everyone, I love how you have impacted my life.


Wow...guess that was some pregnancy mushy gushyness...but...its all true! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment