Wednesday, September 15, 2010

FLYing through...Day 3.

So yesterday I got tons and tons of stuff done. I read on FLYlady that you aren't supposed to do too much because you will get burnt out. I am going to try to focus on my routines and keep a shiny sink. Its shiny RIGHT now!! YAY.

I just tried to take a picture of my shiny sink, but for some reason the camera didn't like how shiny it was. The flash was messing up, and after about 5 minutes I gave up. I will figure it out and post a shiny sink pic.

I am late in starting my morning routine. I am dressed, but haven't put on my make-up. I need to make the bed and "swish and swipe." It shouldn't take me long. The baby was up a lot last night, so I have a morning routine that has turned into an afternoon routine, but I will get it done.

Its so comforting having a plan in place to tackle things at a controllable pace. Instead of looking at the mountain of things that need to be done. I just put the baby down for a nap. In her REAL crib. First time in the big crib. When she was still in that awake, but sleepy state I turned on her little music thingy and she seems to be asleep. I don't want to crack the door to peek, just in case she isn't.

Yesterday: I did some laundry. I swept and mopped the kitchen. Shined the sink, of course. I did some general pickup around the house. I cleaned toilets and bathroom counter tops.

If you are following FLYlady this week is Zone 3. Bathrooms and 1 other room. My 1 other room is going to be Maia's room. We need to donate some stuff out of her closet. That will make it so much neater in there. I mean really how many blankets and pillows does 1 kid need?? And clothes? I know there is some stuff in there that she has outgrown. Time to purge!

In the bathrooms today I am going to focus on the drawers and get rid of old stuff that has been hanging around.

Last night, I created my "Control Journal" and I am working through the things for Wednesday. These things are: Weekly Home Blessing (vacuuming, dusting, cleaning mirrors, emptying the trash and wash sheets.

A little more about the control journal: This is RIGHT up my alley. I love a list, and this list encompasses SO many things. I also have my Menu Plan in this same 3-ring binder. I think I will also put our calendar in this book. Then everything I need is RIGHT there. This is like my "perfect" plan.

www.flylady.net - If you want to find more about the plan that I am following to balance cleaning, menu planning and life please visit this site.

I know that I am only one person, and I can't do it all. But if I make lofty goals to try to get it done, and do this with organization I will be better than I was before. Well, time to swish and swipe and put on a little make-up. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment